On the heels of Black Friday, Small-Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday, we now have Giving Tuesday – a global movement to celebrate giving and kick-off the holiday giving season. United Cerebral Palsy of South Carolina will once again be participating in Giving Tuesday (#GivingTuesday), December 2, 2014.
We invite you to join the #GivingTuesday movement and help us get the word out over these next few weeks as Giving Tuesday approaches! Here are a couple of ways you can help UCPSC on Giving Tuesday:
1. Make a donation to UCPSC, either online at www.ucpsc.org/give or send it to us through the mail. Make checks payable to United Cerebral Palsy of South Carolina. When you make your donation, be sure to specify that it is intended for Giving Tuesday.
2. Get your workplace, family and friends involved in spreading awareness and raising funds for UCPSC on Giving Tuesday. Send out an e-mail or make a post on your personal blog or social media accounts. Let them know about the impact UCPSC has made on your life and encourage them to make a donation to UCPSC on Giving Tuesday.
3. If you use social media, be sure to follow us on Twitter (www.twitter.com/UCPofSC) or “like” us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ucpsc). Use the #GivingTuesday hashtag in any of your Giving Tuesday-related posts so you can be part of the discussion!
4. Share your story with us! If we have made a positive impact on your life or in your loved one’s life, we want to hear from you! You can post your photos, videos or stories on our Facebook page or, if you don’t have Facebook, you can e-mail them to us at email@example.com and we’ll post them for you.
5. Help us promote UCPSC and Giving Tuesday! You can use the #GivingTuesday graphics on this page to share through your personal social media accounts or e-mail. There are also more Giving Tuesday logos and graphics available on the official Giving Tuesday website (www.givingtuesday.org). Share links to our website, Facebook or Twitter accounts through your own social media accounts. Here are some examples of language you can use on Twitter:
• I’m giving to @UCPofSC on #GivingTuesday, Dec. 2. Won’t you do the same? www.ucpsc.org.
• Please join me in giving to @UCPofSC on #GivingTuesday, Dec. 2. To give, visit www.ucpsc.org.
• On #GivingTuesday, Dec. 2, get ur network 2 give 2 @UCPofSC @ www.ucpsc.org.
• #GivingTuesday is Dec. 2. Has @UCPofSC impacted you? Tell us, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.facebook.com/ucpsc.
6. Register to become a Giving Tuesday Social Media Ambassador at www.givingtuesday.org. Social Media Ambassadors are essential to helping to grow the movement. Sign up to receive the latest news, updates, toolkits, and mega messages from the Giving Tuesday team.